When it comes to firearms for the home, for carry, or for competition shooting, the Canik TP9SA is the swiss army knife of 9mm handguns. The recent release of the TP9SA Mod2 includes subtle updates and changes that further improve upon the look, feel, and performance of the original. The TP9SA Mod2 stands up confidently against the Glock 17 and is favored by many despite its lower price point.
Shape and Quality
With an overall height and length of 5.7’’/7.5’’ respectively, the Canik TP9SA is a full-sized pistol created to compete with the bigger, more expensive players on the market. All interior parts are chrome-plated to ensure longer life while the firearm’s exterior is specially designed for prolonged, dependable use.
With Canik, the difference truly is in the details. Here are some of the things Canik TP9SA Mod2 owners are making particular mention of.
- Larger, more prominent takedown lever than most competitor pistols
- Larger magazine release for an easier one-handed shooting experience (also reversible)
- Less aggressive grip angle for greater comfort and control
- Longer slide release than most competitor pistols
- Tapered slide shape as opposed to a more blocky design
- Three dot sight system with dovetail sight cuts
- Decocker for greater safety
- Crisper takeup and shorter trigger reset than most competitor pistols
The Best Bang for Your Buck
With an MSRP of under $400, there are few, if any, handguns on the market that perform as well for the price. In addition, Canik firearms come with a number of out-of-the-box accessories such as:
- Hard plastic carrying case
- Poly holster
- 2 magazines
- Speed loader
- Cleaning tools
Given the quality of parts and features on this firearm as well as its reliability on the range, it is safe to call the TP9SA the ultimate in performance and safety. With an unloaded weight of 1.78 pounds, it is appropriate for carry, and with a barrel length of 4.46 inches, it provides accuracy and precision. Pair this firearm with a specialized Canik TP9SA compensator from 45 Blast and you are sure to get the most out of your shooting experience.